Environmental Health & Safety Specialist – Corona, CA
Posted: Apr 03, 2019
Latitude 36 Foods, LLC. (dba Hyde and Hyde)
Latitude 36 Foods is the leading supplier of packaged food condiments, specializing in salad toppers and spices. Our customers include some of the largest produce manufacturers and retailers throughout the country. We’re focused on continuous growth within our operations, development of our employees and exceeding customer expectations. At Latitude 36 Foods, we are a value-driven Company, we do the right thing, because it’s the right thing to do. This stands true for our employees, customers and suppliers.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: Corona, California
Position Type: Full Time
Classification: Non – Exempt, Hourly
Position Summary We are seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to join our team! The EH&S Specialist will serve as the subject matter expert in occupational safety and health and will lead the organization to a safety conscious culture. This person will be responsible for developing, implementing and enforcing procedures that effectively manage incident rates and health exposures within the company. This person will also be responsible for managing the company’s safety program, including safety inspections, accident investigation, and employee training.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in food manufacturing or occupational safety and health. B.S. or B.A. degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent work experience preferred.
- ASP or GSP is a plus or ability to pursue ASP within one (1) year.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
- Experience with standard office equipment (computers, phones, and photocopiers).
- Leads the plant in the development and coordination of safety training programs.
- Manages incidents from reporting, claim management, return-to-work accommodation process, investigation, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Oversees company incident statistics and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Assists in the oversite of internal forklift certification and other certification processes.
- Works with professional organizations to promote goals and objectives in the health and safety area that affect the company’s -operations.
- Conducts safety related New Employee training during the onboarding process for direct and temporary workers.
- Plans, organizes, and holds monthly Safety Committee Meetings.
- Ability to develop and facilitate training for adult learners
- Maintains OSHA Documents and Records in files for time frames as specified by regulations.
- Submits reports and data to all federal, state and local agencies in a timely manner as mandated.
- Maintains Hot Work permits for work done on the property or in the plant.
- Maintains Hazardous Waste material plan including manifests and records.
- Ensures that the company is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducts scheduled audits to assist management in determining workplace hazards and assists in development of corrective actions.
- Works with Maintenance to create and request safety supplies and repair work orders.
- All other duties as assigned by the HR Manager.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Understanding of packinghouse/warehouse processes and operations.
- Well-developed observational and analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work flexible schedules/shifts as needed for 6-day operation.
- Proven skills for planning daily/weekly tasks and adapting to competing demands.
- Strong skills developing relationships across all levels and functions.
- Experience in interpreting and enforcing OSHA/CALOSHA regulations.
- Knowledgeable of the worker’s compensation process.
- Experience in administering personnel policies and procedures.
- Must project a positive and professional image.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to make decisions within scope of job.
- Be readily receptive of additional training for the broadening of skills, including the willingness to learn Environmental regulations and best practices.
- Must be able to work autonomously within scope of job duties.
- Ability to Travel to other locations (East Coast) 10% of time
- Stand for long periods of time and take frequent walks.
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds.
We encourage all interested applicants to submit their interest via the link below:
Latitude 36 Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We are looking for diversity in candidates for employment. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our associates.