Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. And while we may be a little biased, we believe that our work shapes communities and changes lives.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We’ve been around for more than 100 years, but don’t let that fool you. Pinnacol is committed to taking care of Colorado employers and workers in the most innovative ways. We celebrate continuous improvement, new ideas, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence.
With our number one priority to keep everyone safe, along with the heart of Pinnacol’s “culture of caring” to do what is right and not what is easy, we’re currently having our team members work from home. But we’re still making time for fun with virtual events like virtual painting classes, virtual yoga and Zumba classes, and virtual happy hours!
What you’ll do:
Safety Consultants at Pinnacol provide innovative risk intelligence to customers so they can do their best
work every day. Self-directed customer facing professional that leverages autonomy and creativity to
solve customers’ unmet needs and deliver safety solutions including loss control, compliance and other
advanced business development assistance.
What you can expect:
- Responsible for identifying customers’ unmet needs, crafting customized solutions for them, and
guiding their safety journey to meet their business goals.
- Analyze data to assist policyholders in identifying trends in accident causes, injuries and claims
- Collect data and generate reports on a timely basis, using custom software, based on
findings/observations in policyholder’s business and losses.
- Responsible for effectively managing and documenting time for all assigned duties and daily tasks
- Follow up with policyholders in a timely manner to ensure recommendations are addressed
- Provide customer with appropriate resources, services and products to support their safety needs.
- Proactively engage Pinnacol’s underwriting, claims, return to work, and agency relations teams and
agents to partner on solutions that decrease customer costs and improve customer experience.
- Perform direct customer engagement to support the retention of business, winning of new business,
and helping the customer drive down their loss ratio.
- Responsible for performing self-imposed quality control on all work in a timely fashion.
- Manage ‘safety on call’ as assigned
- May be assigned as lead for safety group
- Train policyholders on various safety topics
- Participate on special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. Actively pursue and/or maintain safety or risk professional
designation by an ANSI-accredited institution or from the American Institutes for Chartered Property
Casualty Underwriters or equivalent. Supportive and comfortable with the future of work, including
digital collaboration tools, virtual experiences, and innovative technologies.
- Three years health and safety experience preferred; or some experience in internship/co-op program
- Familiar with OSHA regulations and recognized health and safety standards preferred.
Strong customer-facing skills, sales first mindset, and public speaking skills preferred.
Effective Communication: Ask earnest questions and challenge the ideas of others in a persuasive but
- Knowledge and ability to apply Human-Centered Design, through being curious, seeking out problems,
and prototyping iterative solutions to those problems with the customer always in mind.
- Strategic-Thinking: Understands and processes complex information and exercises sound judgment,
considering the situation, the issues, the key players, and levels of authority involved. Proposes a course
of action that further the objectives, priorities and vision of organization.
- Risk-Taking: Willingness to take calculated risks, accept failure, get over failure, and move on to the next
- Resilience: Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, rapid change or strenuous demands.
- Teamwork and Leadership: Demonstrated proficiency working well inside small, high-performing teams
with little supervision while under pressure. Willing to lead or be led depending on what the situation
requires. Takes Extreme Ownership over all situations.
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- We love who you are. Pinnacol is on a journey to embody diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re committed to creating a culture that deeply values differences, where everyone feels like they belong.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus 9 paid holidays.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. When meeting the requirements, the minimum of what you can expect for this position is $61,548. The actual offer will vary depending on the candidate’s skills and competencies.
Want to love your work? Apply today!
Pinnacol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.